DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> DC Viking: Today in class we're going to watch a movie

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Today in class we're going to watch a movie

When I began posting to this blog after a long hiatus, I mentioned that I was going spend a little time discussing something that's almost guaranteed to cause all but three readers to instantly click away, namely my love of video games.

During the winter months, which are admittedly not as long in the Mid-Atlantic as they were in Minneapolis, I spend a fair amount of time locked away from the harsh elements staring at the glowing-warming-loving-glowingness of my big screen TV while furiously clicking my PS3 controller.

Allow me to clarify my meaning when I use the phrase "a fair amount of time". If I'm not at work, or at the gym, and it's cold and/or rainy outside, I'm probably nerding out with a video game. I read books and watch movies, but this is mostly a cover to prevent my roommates from having me committed to some kind of video game detox facility. This is what happens when all of your hobbies rely on warm weather. I'm lucky that two or three weekends a month are dedicated to visits with Miss Viking.

In any case, I was all set to bore you with a review (for lack of a better word) of one of the games I've been playing recently, Call of Duty 4. Fortunately for you, my favorite game journalist posted a short video review, so you get to watch that instead. Even if you don't play video games, he's still funny, if only for his accent.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

BOINGO,
BOINGO,
WHOOPSY,
KNICKERS!!!

That video is brilliant. I am laughing my ass off.

7:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home