DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> DC Viking: An open letter to the DC metro area

Monday, September 10, 2007

An open letter to the DC metro area

Dear City,

Maybe it was the mid-summer heat and humidity on a September morning. Or it could have been a combined hangover from drinking too many opening day beers while watching the Redskins squeak out a win against a mediocre Dolphins team yesterday. Whatever the cause, everyone in DC metro area seems to have a major case of the Oscar the Grouches this morning. Bad vibes were coming off everyone I passed. I saw people screaming out their windows at other motorists on two separate occasions before I made it to the Beltway on the way to work this morning. This is not the karmic beginning I was hoping for this week and I’d appreciate it if everyone could take a collective step back before I find myself in a bar during lunch, drinking away the city’s communal orneriness and lamenting the fact that half of my fantasy football team was injured this weekend.

Thanks,

Viking

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yesterday could only be described as a bit... off. I know about half a dozen colleagues who had similar experiences; not sure what to say about it, maybe the fact that we all wanted to sleep in like last weekend.

I'm hoping today goes better.

5:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It had to be the bad weather! Everytime it is overcast it always has an effect on everyone!

TODAY SHOULD BE MUCH BETTER, it finally feels like fall out!

www.dcmetrocentric.com

James

11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home