DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> DC Viking: Here, read these

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Here, read these

There are times when I see an article or link that I feel like writing about, but then I realize that I'm lazy and I'm not going to have time for a lunch break. This is one of those times.

- I've only been to four of these events, and I'm ashamed to admit that the U.S. Pond Hockey Championships is not one of them. [101 things all sports fans must experience before they die] from the World Wide Leader

- Doesn't have a chance. The only thing that scares border state conservatives more than brown people is brown people with expanded labor rights. [Hitting a wall on immigration] from Salon.com

- And here I thought Hitchens was Rage Boy. [Look forward to anger] from Slate.com

- Prepare for the necropalyspse! [The Last Stand] from Free Web Arcade

- I don't really have a joke for this, but a list of all the bad things the C.I.A. was up to in 1973 is pretty sweet. Only 700 pages though? Ok, maybe a little joke. Good stuff starts on about page 5 after clicking the 'Family Jewels' link. [CIA 'Family Jewels'] link from BBC on-line

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger ElleTeeJay said...

I only had time to browse it, but the CIA stuff is fascinating! Imagine the things we will find out thirty years from now.

As a breeder (thank you very much), I was highly intrigued by the "Kids Page" link, complete with code-breaking games and shoe-phone carrying animated characters.

In truth, the whole thing sort of creeped me out in a "Hey, kids, here's how you can collect information for the government" sort of way.

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home