DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> DC Viking: Every time I think I'm out...

Friday, January 11, 2008

Every time I think I'm out...

I was all set for this little project to die a slow death, not having posted anything in about 4 months. But I had a conversation with a friend from Minneapolis last week and he informed me that there are a few people back home that are wondering if I was ever going to post something here.

I’ve come to the realization that I was only writing when I could say something I thought was going to be interesting to people that didn’t know me in real life. I found that the subjects I was writing about were getting a little deeper than I’d intended. That was never the intent of writing this blog.

I started posting here as a way to keep in touch with my close friends spread out all over the country. After I’d been doing this for a while and realized that the people reading this were not limited to buddies from college, I changed the way I approached writing.

I’m going to start writing here again, but I’m going to approach it with the mindset of letting people I already know what I’m up to. I’ll still comment on politics and music, because that’s what I’m into, but expect to see more than a few posts dedicated to more mundane life events; like where I went for restaurant week or which video games I’m playing when I’m avoiding the freezing rain we get in DC instead of a good healthy snowfall.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Frankly, Scarlett said...

Welcome back, doll! You've been missed ;-)

10:19 AM  
Blogger Nato said...

He's alive! I'm presuming it was the Johnsons who guilted you back into blogging.. but glad they did. Us midwesterners like to live vicariously through you, and would be glad to hear about your adventures on the east coast. Even if it is really just complaining about finding parking around your favorite bar in Jonestown, or where-ever it is you drink your Koolaid these days. We like to remember the days when we could go out.. at all..

By the way, you ARE coming to Hilton Head. DC will survive without you. Who do you think you are? Fred Thompson? (Though pretty, Mrs. Thompson isn't as cool as Snuffy. How could she be? She married Thompson)

All good at the BAH?

~Nato

11:13 AM  
Blogger DC Viking said...

It's nice to know I've been missed.

12:25 PM  
Blogger ElleTeeJay said...

It's nice to know that I will no longer be checking this bookmarked blog in vain.

I would like to echo Nato's hope and desires. You need to come to Hilton Head. I will be sad that your lovely counterpart will be unable to join us, but it would be great for you to come down. Hell, the thought that you might be able to join us figured heavily into our destination decision.

Good to see that you're back.

12:41 PM  
Blogger Tony said...

Come On Man.

I had just gotten over the last symptoms of withdrawal, the cold sweats , the shaking, the hallucinations and now your dangling more witty words of wisdom in front of me like some long lost pusher trying to reclaim his one last source of income.

Well I for one am out!!!!

Ah who am I kidding. Give me, give me, give me.

Oh yeah that's the stuff!

6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home