DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> DC Viking: Brief Thoughts With Some Guy That Isn't Jack Handy

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Brief Thoughts With Some Guy That Isn't Jack Handy















-Diablo Cody: So let me get this straight. She used to be a stripper. She wrote an Oscar nominated screen play. Her name is totally kick ass. I bet she has a really hard time finding dates.

-Irony, or a cosmic practical joke designed to make me smash my clock radio?: This morning as I lay in bed trying to come to grips with the return of winter temperatures I listened to an NPR sound bite of Defense Secretary Robert Gates discussing the Turkish incursion into Kurdish Northern Iraq. The essential point he was trying to impart to the Turkish government was this, "Your military presence in Iraq must be brief, or Turkey risks destabilizing Iraq and possibly the entire region."

- Wait till' next year: Golden Gophers hoop lost on the road to 19th ranked Purdue last night. Unless they win their next three, which includes a road trip to Indiana, they have no shot at the tourney this year. I don't think they have the horses to beat the Hoosiers away from Williams Arena, but Tubby Smith has given me hope for the future. We all know what Red said about hope in The Shawshank Redemption.

- Latest video game addiction: Burnout Paradise has all the excellent free environment driving of the Grand Theft Auto games without the post hooker killing guilt. Word to the wise; try not to get into your car right after playing. I'm told that most law enforcement agencies (and insurance agents) frown on jumping your car off of parking garages.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home