DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> DC Viking: Lessons from the weekend; Easter Edition

Monday, April 17, 2006

Lessons from the weekend; Easter Edition


- Don't try to travel on I-95 on a holiday weekend. I have already learned this lesson at various times, but it has been reinforced yet again. Distance from my house to Woodbridge; 35 miles. Hours of my life that I spent traveling this distance on Friday night that I will never get back; 2.

- You can encounter some scary, backwards-ass, yokels if you travel a few hours south of Washington, DC. Seen on the front of a car in Fredericksburg; a very prominent Confederate flag. Seen on the back bumper; a sticker reading "Jesus Loves You". Heritage, not hate.

- A storm hit on Saturday evening just as the Viking Family had finished striping and sanding all the wood on the boat. Being in a sailboat while dime sized hail smacks against the hull is like being inside of a giant popcorn popper.

- Not many people frequent Arby's on Easter Sunday.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home