DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> DC Viking: The futility of persistance

Monday, March 13, 2006

The futility of persistance

Don't Give up. Don't ever give up. Jim Valvano said that, and he won a NCAA basketball championship.

With the greatest sporting event of the year rapidly approaching, I intend to take those words to heart. I'm not going to stop fighting. I'm going to win my office pool this year. I'm going to research all the teams. I'm going to make phone calls. I'm going to study the minutia. When that doesn't work I'm going to get my friend’s 5 year old daughter to fill out a bracket for me. It can’t hurt, and I think the red crayon will give that entry an air of professionalism.

My University of Minnesota Golden Gophers juuuuuuuust missed a bid to the Big Dance this year, so I'm going to adopt the Duke Blue Devils as my team for the tournament. I can't help it, I always root for the plucky underdog, and this Reddick kid seems like he could be an NBA draft prospect if he could just get some publicity. Maybe someone should introduce him to Dick Vitale.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What? No entry about St. Pats?

Talk about the Futility of Persistence! You keep drinking, but they keep distilling more!

By the way, it occurred to me that a clever, if deeply pessimistic man could rewrite Coolidge using your title of this entry. It might work. I am not that man.

Hope you had a great St. Pats!

Nato

5:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sure I reset the page, to make sure my comment made it.. and tadaa! There's your St. Patty's post. Color Me Stoopid! Ah well. Ain't technology a kick in the rumble seat.

5:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home