DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> DC Viking: Random thoughts with some guy that isn't Jack Handy

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Random thoughts with some guy that isn't Jack Handy


- The Decemberists new album is pretty great. It's got a lot of the "pop for lit majors" that I liked about the last one, with something new thrown in. It took me a while to figure it out, but I think they might be channeling Pink Floyd on a couple of songs.

- Blood Diamond was a decent flick and I've always thought that Leo was a pretty good actor. Between The Departed and Blood Diamond, it's been proven once again that I'm usually right. Unless I'm not. The last ten minutes of the movie could have been left on the cutting room floor as far as I'm concerned. Hollywood sucks most of the time.

- Roamed the National Museum of Natural history this weekend. Dinosaurs are cool no matter how old you are. So are sharks in IMAX 3-D.

- Is it just me or are kickers in the NFL missing a lot more field goals this year?

- I have to admit that the National Christmas tree was impressive, even to a heathen like me. They could have toned it done just a bit, though. I'm not positive there was a tree under all those lights. And why wasn't Goldy Gopher anywhere to be found on the Minnesota tree?

- My first live hockey game in over 15 years involved a lot more Jack Daniels than the last. I don't know nearly as much about the NHL as I used to, and I still miss Neal Broten.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My random thoughts:

#1. YOU"RE BACK!! So happy - big hugs! Please tell me it was crush post that got you motivated :) (JK)

#2. Dinosaurs are indeed cool.

#3. What have you been doing that you don't see hockey games!?

12:01 PM  
Blogger DC Viking said...

My blogging tends to be a bit erratic. If something interesting isn't happening in my life, I'm often too lazy or too busy to get creative. If I'd known that my absence was noticed I’d have made more of an effort.

When I was a kid, I was a HUGE hockey fan. That’s sort of the rule when you grow up in Minnesota. I loved the North Stars, and loved going to the games with my Dad. When they moved the team to Dallas of all places, I gave up on pro hockey. I’d sit down and watch a game once and a while, but I haven’t really followed the league since the Stars left in 1993, and I haven’t been to a game since before then.

1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home