DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> DC Viking: I don't think that's David Letterman on the phone

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

I don't think that's David Letterman on the phone

I’m not one to spend my time scouring blogs and posting nasty comments about what somebody has taken the time to write down, and I happen to believe that there are major issues with our immigration policy that need to be addressed, but I ran across this post this evening and couldn’t in good conscience let it pass. This is an actual Top 10 list of the reasons illegal aliens are a threat to the American way of life that someone posted. I thought the blogger was joking until I got down to about reason number seven. My comments are in italics. Enjoy.

10. Proliferation of foreign flags being flown in US and in some cases
American flags being burned.

Um..huh? I didn’t realize that someone flying another flag was a threat to the U.S. We’ve managed to survive Pearl Harbor, a Civil War and American Idol. I don’t think someone with a Brazil sticker on their 83’ Civic is going to be the thing that finally topples the Republic. And most people entering the country illegally are here because America is nicer than their own country. I don’t see a lot of people getting totally pissed about the improvement in their way of life and torching the flag, but heating oil prices were pretty high last winter, so maybe there was an epidemic I missed.

09. Sacrificed goats and various other animals due to rituals being performed in Adams Morgan, etc.

There must be epidemic of goat slaughtering going on in the Morgan that I didn’t know about. That’s two epidemics I was unaware of. Maybe the immigrants needed something to cook over their pile of burning American flags. If you want to avoid this kind of barbarity while visiting Adams Morgan in the future my advice would be to skip Heaven and Hell on the weekend.

08. Ethnic fiedoms and enclaves being established in certain neighborhoods and speaking native languages and refusing to learn English.

I’m guessing that he meant to write fiefdom here. When insulting people for not knowing the language it’s a good idea to give spellcheck a quick click before hitting publish.


07. Identity theft mainly involving social security numbers.

Ok, this may be a problem, but I’m going to go out on a limb and guess that most identity theft is perpetrated with the goal of buying a lot of crap that you haven’t paid for. Wait a minute…how can illegals afford so many goats and flags? I’m ordering a credit report right now.

06. Demeaning the institution of marriage to obtain US citizenship fraudulantly.

Sorry. The gays are already doing this. You’re stealing talking points here. Unless you’re referring to gay immigrants you have to come up with a new reason number 6.

05. Degradation of what it means to be a patriotic American and earn citizenship legally.

Point well taken. All patriotic Americans must earn their citizenship legally. Except for those Americans that were born here after we stole the country from the Indians. They don’t have to be patriotic.

04. The ability of Mexico, Latin America and other countries to ignore their responsibility to improve their economies and way of life for their poor.

I happen to agree with this one. Crap. On the bright side, these countries are just following the example set by the U.S. with regards to our poor. Except for Latin America. That isn't a country.

03. Gang-related violence and the corresponding costs to jail felons.

Like we wouldn’t have this problem without immigration issues. I saw “Boyz in the Hood” twice man, I know what’s going on in Compton.

02. Costs associated with the healthcare, and social services. etc, required for the uninsured and unemployed.

Again with scapegoating of illegal immigrants for the way we’re screwing up our own country. Cause the immigrants are the reason we spend more money than any other country for middle of the pack health care. Project much?

01. Terrorism (remember Sept 11th).

Stealing talking points again here. Set aside the fact that the 9/11 report stated that the attackers snuck in through legal loopholes, everyone knows that Saddam is the one responsible. Doy.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice blog. If you are interested in being paid to write, let me know at scotsd50@yahoo.com. We have multiple projects ready to go.

7:27 PM  
Blogger DC Viking said...

Thanks for the compliment.

This doesn't involve the composition of authentic penthouse letters to the editor, does it? Because that's a good gig if you can get it.

7:48 PM  
Blogger E :) said...

That blog post also infuriated me. I couldn't resist leaving several comments becuase it was just so insulting. (And I was a non-resident alien in the US for a year.)

8:09 PM  
Blogger DC Viking said...

At first read I really thought it was a joke. Then I got angry about it. So I decided to go full circle and make it out as the joke that it really was.

8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home